Saturday, January 26, 2013

Burlap family sign and tuturial



 
I love searching around online for fun things to create and then making them my own.  I was inspired by some signs I saw on Etsy.  Etsy and craft fairs usually get a penny out of me but I find some great ideas there.  

I printed this on my computer.  I was sure there was no way in heck that would work but decided to give it a whirl anyway.  Wouldn't you know it actually does work!  Here is what I did-
1. Ironed the burlap on a hot steam setting.  Honestly I am not sure if that is what you should do but hey it works for me and I didn't set the house on fire.

2.  Freezer paper is magic!  How cool is that.  It cost me $3.79 for a slice of magic.  What more can a girl ask for?  So I turned my iron down to a dry setting and out the shiny side down on the burlap and ironed briefly.  
 Now here is the magic.... The burlap sticks to the freezer paper!  
Some of you are reading this and laughing at me wondering. Who didn't already know that but I didn't and I was so stinking excited when something I read actually worked!

3.  Now you cut it down to 8.5 by 11.  I used my rotary cutter and trimmed it up.




4.  Now he is where I got a wee bit nervous... I stuck this baby in the printer to print the file I made earlier.  (I will post the file on the blog later in case someone wants it.)



5. Sit next to your computer with nervous anticipation as the printer makes weird sounds due to the freezer paper.

HOLY COW IT WORKED!

6. Debate for a ridiculous amount of time if you want the glass in the frame.

7. Over analyze your work and decide it needs more. So watch count,ess videos and tutorials on how to make burlap flowers, I comprehended none of them but instead decided to just fake it.


Challenges:
Totally Gorjuss- flowers
Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Wowww lovin your vintage frame with the rolled burlap flowers...

    Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss this time..

    Hugs
    Christine x (GDT)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate all feedback. Don't forget to follow me if you like what you see! PLEASE give me a link to your blog too so I can pop on over easily!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...