Monday, May 23, 2011

Remembering

Our lives are changed by the experiences and events that happen.  Sometimes those experiences are so painful that they change the course of our lives. We need to make choices on how we are going to handle that pain and who we are going to be despite it. On January 10, 2005 the Lord had a different plan for my sister's life then we did.  On her way to work she was in a fatal accident and He took her home to be with Him when she was only 11.  Our family misses her every single day.  Having that birthday party yesterday for my kids left me really missing her today.  All the life events I wish she could share with us she can't.  However, our family chooses to celebrate her life rather than mourn her death.  Several times a year we get together and celebrate her including a scholarship fund our family raises to send kids to the summer camp she worked at. One thing we do all the time, that gives us reason to smile, is send balloons to heaven for her.  My kids love doing it and we enjoy that moment and I send prayers for other families that experience this pain.  So this morning I wanted to just think about her and feel her memories in my life.  I keep a folder that I have labeled "encouragement."  When I have a down day I pull something from this folder and it lifts my spirits.  It is filled with cards, letters, quotes, and many other random things that have made me feel special in my life.  I created this this morning to set in that folder- it will make me smile as I think of sending smiles to Candace.

Most of this was cut from A Child's Year.
 

submissions:
Fantabulous Cricut (blue and a cloud)
Cooking with Cricut (balloons)

7 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss...even if it was many years ago. I love the idea of the balloons. Thanks for playing at FCCB.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card and beautiful tribute for your sister. I am sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your story with us and thanks for joining us this week at Cooking With Cricut.
    ~Madison CWCDT funkycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. TFS with us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!
    ~Maria Elena~ CWC DT
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I appreciate all feedback. Don't forget to follow me if you like what you see! PLEASE give me a link to your blog too so I can pop on over easily!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...