Thursday, March 15, 2012
Disney Countdown Calendar and Gifts
In the days days leading up to Disney we did our countdown. On Day 10 we created a countdown calendar together. My kids LOVE crafting with me and I think it is awesome how much they get into it.
Each day we taped a new number and Mickey Ears to our countdown frame. On the inside are the ears and paper. I made it in a 12x12 frame and now that we are back we will put a picture from our trip inside the frame on the Mickey head.
Each day there was a gift with the number of our countdown day on it. Gifts started on day 9. Some gifts had Mickey heads and no numbers. Those were "magic" gifts. If the kids were "magical" that day or did something special they got a "magic" gift. Turns out that was one heck of a way to encourage good behavior before heading south!
I spent very little on the gifts. The Dollar Tree has an amazing amount of Mickey stuff! The gifts were either Disney themed or something for the trip. Here is what the gifts were (not in the right order of giving.)
* Disney word search books from Dollar Tree
* Disney night lights from Dollar Tree
* Disney luggage tags- sent to us free from Disney after booking the trip
* A journal that I made Mickey heads on (I will post on this later in the week)
* Pencil cases I made Disneyish (I will post those later this week)
* Clearance water bottles I got for 25 cents that I Disneyized (See post later this week)
* Disney yoyos from Dollar Tree
* Disney keychains that I had in a stash of random gifts I keep in a box that I buy on clearnace throughout the year
* Disney fruit snacks
* Pirate teeth candy- we were getting Pirate makeovers when we got there courtesy of Santa
* Disney candy from Dollar Tree
* Disney coloring books again, Dollar Tree
* Gum for the plane
* Stickers to use for scrapbooking the photos on our return
* Drink mix packets to use with water in the water bottles
Thanks for looking! I would love to hear from you on how you have done countdowns for fun things!
Celebrate the Occasion- must use metal- it is in a metal frame!
DYSU- they want to see our favorite color. I have different favorites for different things. However, anything in red makes me smile!
Posted by Crafting Misfit at 10:26 AM